Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

satay

Introducing our iconic food - Satay! Unlike the rojak which doesn't go down with foreigners, the Satay is a hot favourite among my foreign friends.
Think stick-skewered (kebab) marinated meat strips barbequed over a charcoal fire grill and dipped in a spicy peanut sauce.

The marinated meat - chicken(ayam) RM0.60 kambing(mutton) RM0.70 beef(daging) Rm0.60 and rice squares(ketupat) Rm1.oo

The sticks of satay are barbequed over a charcoal fire grill

Grilled to perfection and served with a piquant peanut sauce

17 comments:

  1. Yummy BBQ...I have got to get myself to Malaysia to meet you =D
    The awards are bouncing back to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like satay, but my #1 favorite Malaysian food is beef rendang, hmmmmm! That and kolo mee, which from what I understand, you can only get from Kuching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! YUM! YUM! YUM! YUM! YUM! YUM!

    I'm curious: what's rojak?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good! Is it spicy HOT HOT, or just spicy? LOL.
    Hubby eats that really hot hot sauce. I have to wear gloves when I make any of it, or chop it LOL
    It burns my fingers =(
    I'd be whining like a baby if I ate it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my kind of food right there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, satay is iconic. Everyone's favourite. They say, satay from Kajang(town) is very good. Wonder if it still holds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....Oh....Oh!!! YUM ALERT! I may try and make that one day... I frequently go to an Asian market that has lots of things you cant get in boring grocery stores...

    Tracy

    (ps - post more food!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looked so yummy!
    Thanks for visiting my blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy! would love to eat satay, too, when i get the chance to visit malaysia.

    how r u?

    about me - i was away for 2 mos. i gave birth...yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy! would love to eat satay, too, when i get the chance to visit malaysia.

    how r u?

    about me - i was away for 2 mos. i gave birth...yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some happy looking boys eating satay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love satay- and I could bathe in that peanut sauce, I adore it that much. What a yummy post!

    ReplyDelete