Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 21, 2018

100 Truths Blogger Tag

I am not usually a big fan of blogger tags but it's a fun way of getting to know your blogger pallies. I found this tag on the lovely Dot Makes 4 blog. Created by Debbie from My Random Musings,  100  questions are designed to help you get to know your blogger pallies.

So to all my new awesome readers, I am sharing  random truths  about  myself with you. I skipped some of the questions though.

Here goes.

THE BASICS

1. What’s your name?
Veronica

2. Any nicknames or aliases?
I have several given by my aunts and uncles

3. Your gender?
Female

4. Your star sign?
Taurus. Tiger according to Chinese zodiac.

5. How old are you?
Going to be 56

6. Your relationship status?
Married. And to the same wonderful man for 25 years.

7. Any children?
2,  Josh and Rodney

8. Any pets?
None currently. My guinea pig  died  last year and I  am still pining for her.

9. Any tattoos or piercings?
None, not even my ears.

10. What do you like about yourself?
I am fun, I think!

11. What do you dislike about yourself?
The list is too long! #1 on  the list is my inability to drive a car. I am spatially challenged.

12. Righty or lefty?
Right

LASTS

13. The last thing you drank:
Green tea

14. The last thing you ate:
Prawn ramen

15. Your last phone call:
Hubby

16. Your last text message:
My son informing me that he was not coming home for dinner

17. Your last email:
Spam offering to enlarge body parts I don't have.

18, The last song you listened to:
Havana,  the squeaky chicken version


19. The last book you read:
Tail & Trouble by Victor Catano

20.  The last time you cried:
When our guinea pig died.

21. The last blog you read:
Dot Makes 4

22. The last person you spoke to:
My son Rodney

23. The last place you visited:
My hometown

24. Your last holiday abroad:
UK in 2011.

HAVE YOU EVER?

28. Have you ever lost someone special to you?
Yes. More than a handful and mostly to cancer.

29. Have you ever been so drunk you threw up?
I don't drink

31. Have you ever met someone who changed you?
The Hubs.

39.  Have you ever been arrested?
No!

41. Have you ever done something you regret?
I might have but I am more regretful of the things I haven't done

43. Have you ever embarrassed yourself in public?
I had stage fright when I was singing at a company dinner and made a fool of myself. I still shudder at the memory!

44. Have you ever misjudged someone?
Many times. I am a poor judge of character.

YOUR BELIEFS AND OPINIONS

45. Do you believe in God?
Yes.

46. Do you believe in yourself?
Not as much as I should.

47. Do you believe in Santa Claus?
No. I think he gives people the wrong message about Christmas. Christmas should be all about Christ's birth.

48. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes. Had a couple of encounters!

49. Do you believe in aliens?
Nah.

50. Do you believe in miracles?
Yes. My son Josh was a miracle baby.

51. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking?
Sounds clichéd

52. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yeap.

53. Can money make you happy?
Oh YES!

54. Would you describe yourself as a feminist?
......Er... While I believe all genders are entitled to the same social and political rights, I am not opposed to chivalry. I certainly will not stop my male companion from paying for dinner if he insists!

55. Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
Depends on the circumstances.

56. Do you have strong political beliefs?
Not really

57. Do you have strong religious beliefs?
I was brought up by very strict Catholic parents and studied in a convent school.

58. What do you think the most important thing you can give a child is?
Unconditional love?

RIGHT NOW

59.  Are you eating anything right now?
Nope

60. Are you drinking anything right now?
Nope

61. What are you listening to right now?
My son practising his violin

62. What are you thinking about right now?
Whether or not I should continue with this tag.

63. What are you waiting for right now?
Dinner. We are eating out tonight.

64. What are you most excited about right now?
Nothing!

65. What’s your pet hate right now?
Inconsiderate neighbours

66. What’s your favourite thing right now?
Cookie decorating
My latest project  - a cookified logo of Hubby's cousin's restaurant, Amelio Desa Parkcity

67. If you weren’t answering these questions, what would you be doing right now?
Attending to a  more PRESSING matter. I have a pile of clothes to iron! Haha!

FIRSTS

68. Your first best friend:
Maggie. We were classmates in Secondary School

70. Your first celebrity crush:
Lee Majors!  He was the Six Million Dollar Man. Haha! Most of you were either not born yet or in diapers when the show was running!
71. Your first holiday:
A family trip to my aunt in Kuala Lumpur when I was about 10 years old.

72. Your first pet:
A cat. Her name was Pussy.

74. Your first regret:
Not studying harder in school.

74. Your first job:
Computer programmer

75: Your first childhood memory:
Grandma's old wooden house. Back then, the whole clan was around and we had many cousins to play with.

Which would you choose?
76. Love or money?
Tough one. Love?

77. Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter

78. Hook up or relationship?
Definitely a relationship.

79. Dogs or cats?
I am totally a cat person

80. Coffee or tea?
Depends on my mood

81, Beer or wine?
Neither

82. Sweet or savoury?
Savoury. I don't have a sweet tooth.

83. Introvert or extrovert?
A bit of both

84. Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires if they look like Ian Somerhalder!

85. Seaside or countryside?
Seaside.

86. Summer or winter?
Summer hands-down. I get depressed when it is cold and dark

87. Books or movies
Movies. But if there is a book version, I would prefer to read the book first and watch the movie later.

88. Horror or comedy
Depends on my mood

A FEW RANDOM QUESTIONS TO FINISH OFF

89. Do you wish you could change your past?
Not really. I think everything happened for a reason.

90. What’s your dream job?
I had always wanted a job that would take me places.

91. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Fish crackers. Once I get started, I can't stop.

92. What are you afraid of?
Cockroaches. Eeeekkk!

93. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
A pilot!

94. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Teleportation.

95. If you could change anything about your life what would it be?
I wish I had traveled more when I was younger.

96. Would you want immortality?
NOOOOOOOOO!

97. If you could interview anyone alive or dead who would you choose?
My great grandfather who died when my dad was only six. He was the first of our clan to migrate to Malaysia. My dad still regales us with many interesting and fascinating stories about him.

98. Would you say you are happy?
Isn't happiness transient? Right now, yes.

99. What one piece of advice would you give to yourself at age eighteen?
That it is ok to say no. I have been a doormat most of my life.

100. Where would you like to be in five years’ time
I would like to experience living in a different country, not as a tourist but as a local.

Phew! That took really long.

Here's where I am supposed to tag some bloggers but I do understand that some of us hate being tagged so I shall skip that part. Tag yourself if you wanna play along. Let me know so I can visit your blog.

Grab all the 100 questions @ https://www.myrandommusings.co.uk/2017/11/100-truths-blogger-tag/


More durian stories here

ethannevelyn.com


Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

21 comments:

  1. Very nice getting to know more about you. Found you on Over the Moon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh..that was a LOT of questions for you to answer! I liked reading them, though.

    I like the last song you listened to. I think that was mine as well. Hahaha! It's just sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading these things and learning random facts about people! I might have to do this one myself, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cookie decorator that doesn't have a sweet tooth!
    You don;t have your ears pierced.
    yay vampires that look like Ian Somerhalder
    I love how you answered your love or money question with a question mark.. it's naive to think one is better than the other.. I feel they go hand in hand. Money makes the love easier and love makes the money worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loads of questions neatly answered :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vampires, too :).. But I do believe in aliens hahaha. Nice to know you more in this fun way. And your angelic cookie is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was worried I would be unable to drive a car. I too am spatially challenged. I do drive, but I stay far away from parallel parking. My husband laughs at me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember Lee Majors. ;) I wanted to BE the Bionic Woman at one point in my childhood, lol. Love reading your answers and getting to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veronica,

    WOW, that's a whole lot of questions to answer. But...I am definitely going to lift them from the host site you reference. I began a "Get to Know Me" series, if you're interested. I have two posts thus far if read yesterday's post then I give mention to my first one there.

    I loved the Havana Chicken song. That's so funny. Strangely, I shared Camila's version on my site recently. I may have to use this rendition in a my Friday Sillies post. :)

    Thanks for visiting today. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of work this was.

    Have a terrific Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog post. Must have taken you ages to answer all 100 questions :) #bloggersbest

    ReplyDelete
  12. You cookie decorating skills are incredible! Thanks for sharing!
    #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to find out a bit more about you Veronica. Sarah #fabfridaypost

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great Veronica. I learned a little more about you. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done that must have taken a while, thank you for sharing #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading random facts about bloggers! And i agree, cockroaches are just grim. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this tag, you learn so much about people! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super way to share and get to know each other! I don't like bugs of any kind, so cockroaches get a great big eek from me too -- worse though, vermin. Mice, not nice. #kcacols xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great to get to know you better - I took part in this tag not long ago. I hate cockroaches too and agree with you about teleportation (as an expat that would be wonderful, just to be able to pop home!). I also can't drive, it's probably the closest thing I have to a phobia. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh! What a long list. I've never read your blog before, but I feel like I know you well now! Lots of interesting facts, your family history in Malaysia sounds interesting. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember six million dollar man! That was a fun show.

    ReplyDelete