Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random Thoughts/Tips/Things I've learnt Thursday

1. I only found out today that 'dudette' is the feminine of 'dude'. I thought it was 'chick'.

2 .Hamster are great escape artists.tumblrThey poop a lot too.

3. Besides being my favourite sounding word "poppadom" is also my favourite Indian snack.

For the uninitiated, poppadom is a thin crispy Indian wafer sometimes described as a cracker or flatbread, the perfect accompaniment to an Indian meal.
Poppadom and curry go togther like love and marriage.


4. Found these cute tea towels on Irish Mammy's blog. Gotta love them!!
No one on their death bed ever wished they'd spent more time doing housework.



5. Happiness is having awesome photographers and artists like Stuart Nafey, David Laferriere , Marco Pece and Dax Norman leave comments on my blog, thanking me for posting about their artwork. Dax Norman follows my blog! WOW!

6. Dropped your cellphone or ipod in a puddle of water? No problem. Just switch off the device and stick it into a container of uncooked rice. Rice being a natural desiccant will absorb the excess moisture.

Ernesto LondoƱo successfully fixed his wet BlackBerry phone after he left the device overnight in a bowl of uncooked rice.

7. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!

7 comments:

  1. Love the towels...right up my ally, and Im checking out your artist friends..Thanks ..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved #6. Good to know! Love your blog!

    I was just stopping by on my way to write my own blog on Moms Wear Your Tees Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also recently came to know about dudette thing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I have washed 3 phones and replaced all of them. I wonder if that would have worked for me!

    I wanna tray poppadom now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the housecleaning quotes, especially the first. Very funny.

    The cell phone in the rice tip is pretty handy. I'll have to tell to my fil next time he goes on vacation. He went snorkeling once with his phone in his pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO remembering the cellphone / rice thing. With a phone obsessed toddler it's only a matter of time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I have added you to my blog list. I still love that tea towel had the inlaws visiting from Sweden and it left everyone under no illusion ;-)

    ReplyDelete